- 165g unsalted butter (softened)
- 165g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 80g pecans (chopped)
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 360ml whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 220g caster sugar
- 420g plain flour (sieved)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 120ml unsalted butter (melted)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 55g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 110g full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 140g icing sugar (sieved)
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Add the unsalted butter, light brown sugar, plain flour and ground cinnamon to a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon filling into a large piping bag and set aside for later.
Instructions: (Cake Batter)
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, whole milk, salt, vanilla bean paste and caster sugar. Sieve the plain flour and baking powder into the bowl. Mix the ingredients together until everything is incorporated, the batter should be smooth and lump-free.
- Add in the melted butter and fold until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Using the piping bag that was set aside earlier, pipe swirls of the topping mixture directly on top of the cake batter to resemble cinnamon rolls. Alternatively, you can also dollop dots of the topping mixture on to the cake batter – it’s totally up to you!
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes whilst you make the cream cheese glaze.
Instructions: (Cream Cheese Glaze)
- Combine the unsalted butter, cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract, maple syrup and milk until smooth and a pourable consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and leave to cool for 10 minutes until the glaze is slightly set.
- Garnish with toasted pecans and enjoy!