Base recipe adapted from BBC Good Food
Makes approximately 28 cookies
- 175g of Terry’s Chocolate Orange, chopped (1 box)
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 80g light brown sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, egg and orange zest and beat until creamy and well combined.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and add this to the mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add in the chopped Terry’s Orange Chocolate pieces and fold in using a spatula.
- Use a small ice-cream scooper to place even amounts of dough on your lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the cookie edges turn a light brown colour. This results in a soft chewy cookie.
- Using a cooling rack, leave to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
- Feel free to use a tablespoon to scoop and measure your cookie dough if you do not have a small ice-cream scoop available.
- This dough freezes extremely well and so the mixture does not need to be baked all at once.