These American-style pancakes are fluffy and super delicious! The combination of fresh summer blueberries with sweet white chocolate chips is literally amazing. Drizzle with Canadian maple syrup and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, I promise that you won’t be disappointed 🙂
Recipe adapted from: Jamie Oliver’s – ”Happy Days with the Naked Chef”.
You can purchase Jamie’s book by clicking the following link: http://goo.gl/Dl00xm
- 3 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 115g plain flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 140ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 125g blueberries
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 50g unsalted butter (for frying)
(Feel free to add extra blueberries or chocolate chips to the measurements stated above).
1. Separate the eggs by putting the egg whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
2. Add the plain flour, baking powder and milk to the egg yolks and mix until you get a thick but smooth batter.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until they form stiff glossy peaks.
4. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk batter that you previously combined.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat, drop a small knob of butter. Pour some of your pancake batter into the pan (using a ladle or a pouring jug will give you a lovely round shape) and fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown and firm.
6. Add a handful of blueberries and white chocolate chips to the uncooked side of the pancake, flip and now cook until this side of the pancake is also golden brown.
Additional Toppings To Try
- Dark, Milk or Caramel Chocolate Chips
- Different Fruits: Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Bananas etc.
- Whatever else you fancy! It’s impossible to go wrong with these 🙂
– Neelam, Dollies